Wednesday, February 8, 2012

My Chicken Stoup

ok I love Rachael Ray incase anyone didnt know that. If you watch her you know that she doesnt make soup and she doesnt make strew she makes STOUPS. what is a stoup you may ask its not runny enough to be a soup and not thick enough to be a stew. here is my take on the whole thing!

I boil a whole chicken or left over chicken whatever is floating around. I boil it till I cant boil it anymore! I add dry chicken stock to it for flavor.

Then I take out the chicken and let it cool and then peel all the chicken off.

then i cut up potatoes, carrots, and turnip and put it in. let it simmer almost all day lol

then I add frozen peas carrots and corn.

then add the chicken.

ok heres my BIG secret I add to packages of gravy (you know the kind that comes in the red packages)let it boil and then let it cool down a bit.

pretty simple eh?

now for the dumplings.... take a box of bisquick. on the side there is a recipe for biscuits use that BUT add 2 tablespoons of butter.

drop them in the stoup then cover and let cook on med high until cooked. DONOT LIFT THE COVER UNLESS YOU KNOW THEY ARE COOKED!!

No comments:

Post a Comment