Sunday, April 1, 2012

Tie Dyed Cupcakes




So my wonderful boyfriend introduced me to this place in fredericton called Monkeycakes. They make cupcakes. and apparently they are delish. And I have been wanting to go in the Monkeycakes and a few times and they have been closed. I have been wanting to eat their tie dyed cupcakes. being fustrated by this... i figured I could make my own! and I did!!


Here ya go

1 White or Yellow Cake Mix box
1 Can White Frosting or Buttercream Frosting
Food Coloring ~ your choice of color

Follow the easy recipe instructions on the back of the cake mix box. After you have mixed the batter together, separate the batter into five
bowls. Add a few drops of the food coloring at a time to get the desired colors. You can always add more
color if needed.
Put the cupcake papers into the cupcake tins. Add a small amount of each batter into the cupcake papers. You can add the
different colors in layers to begin. Get creative here as much because there is no wrong way to do this. Take a tooth pick and swirl
the Tie-Dye batter around in each cupcake tin. Be careful not to mix too much or you will have a not so pretty look to the cupcakes. Bake the cupcakes according to the package. Take out of the oven and cool.



Note: i used gel food coloring

No comments:

Post a Comment