Tuesday, October 22, 2013

How a wedding photographer/wedding planner plans her own wedding....

This is a new series that I wanted to start... I wanted to show you my frustrations, my decisions and my excitement for my wedding day. However I wanted to start it not to early and reveal all my secrets.

I got engaged on June 30, 2012. I instantly started the planning process.. I knew what I wanted... and what I didn't want. I am a wedding photographer. I have been one for almost 7 years now. I am also a certified wedding planner. Its tough planning your own wedding....

Today my topic will be wedding photography. I want to tell you who I chose and why I chose them. This seemed to be the first question everyone asked. Who's gonna do your wedding???

There were a lot of photographers that I loved. There are many in miramichi and a few outside of miramichi that I wanted. My very first choice was my friends and fellow photographers Matt and Chera Yorke (www.yorkephotography.com) I wanted them so bad. However when your ranked as one of Canada's Top Photographers its not that easy. My budget however didn't like them so much.... They are the sweetest couple and recommend them to anyone!!

My next choice and was also one of my first choices too. I really want people to know that. Was my good friend and confidant Tracy Waye Kelly. A few years ago Tracy took me under her wings and showed me the ins and outs of the wedding business. I knew that I wanted Tracy. I knew that my visions of my wedding was safe in her hands.

I looked around at other photographers in MIramichi. I have made so many friends with and loved all their work. But I just kept coming back to Tracy.

While on my search for a photographer I found many other photographers whom I began to fall in love with their work. Then I found this girl and loved what I was seeing! Her name is Allison Taylor. and so I thought maybe because I liked her work that I would get her to take out engagement photos. She did an amazing job!

 
my tips for looking for a photographer
 
1. Look at every one that you like and what you like about there photos
2. Envision what you want your wedding photos to look like
3. talk with the photographers you like and see if they have the same vision
4. Follow your gut!
5. look at their price and make sure it fits yours!!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment