Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Cookies for a Cause

When I moved to Doaktown, I didnt know too many people. One day I was introduced to this wonderful Krista. She kept telling us about all these trips she makes to Miramichi. and I never really questioned it. Then I found out that Krista needed a new kidney and had to go to dialysis everyday. I couldnt believe what this wonderful girl went through. but NOW krista is getting a new kidney!! I am so excited and happy for her. Our little community of Doaktown will be having many fundraisers over the next little while to help pay for her and family to get her new kidney. So I decided to do what I do best... BAKE! and take photos... lol

These cookies will be forsale at a bake sale they are having this weekend at Save Easy please go out and support her!





1 cupbutter, softened
1 cupsugar
1 egg
2 cupsflour
2 tsp. Cream of Tartar
1 tsp.baking soda

directions

HEAT oven to 350ºF.
BEAT butter and sugar in large bowl with mixer until light and fluffy. Blend in egg. Mix remaining ingredients; gradually beat into butter mixture until well blended.
SHAPE dough into 1-inch balls; place, 2 inches apart, on baking sheets sprayed with cooking spray.
BAKE 13 to 15 min. or until edges begin to brown. Transfer cookies to wire racks; cool completely



top with your favorite icing!
    

No comments:

Post a Comment