Thursday, September 13, 2012

Chocolate Covered Pretzels

I cant believe in a few short days it will be fall. Its so hard to believe! But I love fall. Its my favorite time of year. I am going to enjoy this fall because next fall I will getting married to my wonderful boyfriend. I cant wait!

I saw these online to day for Make Bake and Celebrate blog. And I had to share them with you. They look very simple and look soooo cute!!


To make this chocolate pumpkin patch your going to need:



Big and small pretzels

Orange candy melts

Orange sprinkles

Green candy melts

Chocolate pieces (a hershey bar or chocolate melts)

ziplock bag

leaf tip

small round tip

plastic wrap

coupler set
 
 
cut little stems from your Hershey bar. I cut each Hershey square into half one way then the opposite way then trimmed one side to get a small angle.
Before you melt your chocolate lay everything out, organized and ready to go. As I've said so many times when your working with chocolate you want everything in order to make the process smooth. You can lay you finised pretzels on wax paper or on a cookie cooling rack over wax paper. I prefer it on the cooling rack so the excess drips off and doesn't pool around it.
In a microwave safe bowl melt your chocolate (I do about 3/4 cup at a time) using 15 second spurts stirring in between. Your chocolate should be nice and smooth when melted easy to drip off the pretzel. If you need help thinning it a bit add a small amount of crisco and heat.
Holding your pretzel on a fork use a spoon to spoon the chocolate on to the pretzel. Then gently tap fork on side of bowl until excess had dripped off. Then move to cooling rack. I also covered the the pretzels in sprinkles. I used orange wilton candy melts for these and once covered they were more of a peach so the sprinkles gave them the pumpkin orange I was looking for
Step 6: After the chocolate coating has set (about and hour) move them onto a fresh piece of wax paper.

Step 7: To attach the leaf and stem. Place a small amount of chocolate in a ziplock and melt in microwave. Cut tip of ziplock then use to pipe chocolate onto the end of each stem then "glue" to pretzel.
 
 I piped on the leaves with green candy melts

No comments:

Post a Comment