Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Cinnamon Rolls

I love cinnamon rolls but have been afraid to make them. mymom makes amazing cinnamon rolls. I had been thinking how hard can they be? like really...

well the other night I had Chef Michaels Smiths recipe. its was 6pm and I wanted cinnamon rolls. So i read through the ingrediants and knew I had all the stuff. But what I should have done was read the WHOLE recipe. 2hrs later... the cinnamon buns went in the oven... 45 mins later I had cinnamon rolls... 20 mins later I had cinnamon ROCKS!!

So while I was hanging out with my bff Vanessa she said remember those cinnamon rolls from high school cullinary class? I was like yeah those where awesome... well she said I have the recipe! she was heaven sent!!!

So this morning I got up and made the grade 12 cinnamon rolls... and they were just like I remember!



You will need:
4 cups of flour
1/2 cup white sugar
6 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 pound shortening
1 cup of half n half (1/2cup canned milk and 1/2 cup water)
1 egg

filling:
1/2 cup margarine
1 cup brown sugar
2tblsp cinnamon

Directions:
In a large bowl mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
then add shortening and mix together
then in another bowl add half and half and egg. then add to dry mix. and mix it. then knead dough gently

then flour work surface and roll out into a rectangle. the spread margarine (melted) and then sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon. roll up and cut into pieces and place into greased muffin cups.

bake 15 mins at 400 degrees

No comments:

Post a Comment