Sunday, May 12, 2013

No More Pretending....

Some women live an entire lifetime, die and go to heaven, pretending and smiling politely. I can barely stand the thought of it. in some very profound ways, I am thankful that one day it finally came undone for me. Every prop was knocked down. Every place to hide revealed. For the first time, my soul was ripped open and the truth came pouring out. Alone and empty, my heart begged to know " Oh, God do You think I am beautiful?"

Now its your turn. Ask God if He thinks you're beautiful. And then boldly request an answer. Ask God to be loud and lavish when He answers  Ask him to speak to you in ways that are unmistakable and in your own love language. ... in ways that you would understand and that would help you realize its Him. 

Your job is to pray and then look and listen for God's answer.He will answer! Do you understand that the question " Do you think I am beautiful?" is really yours to ask? Truly. God wants you to ask and then hear what He has to say about you. So pray. Wait. Listen.

When the pretending stops we are left with the truth.

"Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free" ~ John 8:32

Behold, You desire truth in the inward parts, And in the hidden part You will make me to know wisdom. Psalm 51:6
When pretending ends and truth begins... it can actually turn out to be kind of scary. Pretending women have become pleaser just to find some sense of acceptance. when the props fall away, then we're left with ourselves. I realized that I did not have any idea who I was or what my true heart desired. I didnt know if i liked blueberries better than strawberries or vice versa. I liked whatever was going to please most of the people in the room. I still don't have all the answers, but I am learning to embrace the truth of my likes and longings.

its time do a little heart work. who are you really? what do you like? and what do you long for? 

Many of us have become shut down to the things we might have wanted or we dreamed of doing in our lives. you could possibly remain shut down and numb.
Get a piece of paper and answer these questions....
if you could redecorate any room in your house the way you wanted to which room would it be? how would you decorate it?
Plan a perfect evening for yourself from dusk to sunrise. 
If you went back to school what is the first course you would take?
Do the important people in your life think your ideas are important or do they mock your opinions?


No comments:

Post a Comment