Friday, April 26, 2013

Dancing...

I dont read alot of books. I like to read. But for me to take a afternoon and read isnt something that I would do. I could think of a million other things to do than read. But every once in a while there is a book that comes along and I just fall for it.

In 2006 I was introduced to this book. I read it in one weekend. Loved it so much I had to go buy the bible study book. Then one day not long ago I was thinking about this book and knew I had to pick it back up again. The first time I read it I was at a different place in my life. I was a university student trying to find my way. Now I am engaged, planning a future with someone, I am a step mom, and I have a wonderful job. Life is much different so I thought I would pick it back up and to be honest Its really touched me differently. Ok I will stop talking and introduce the book.

The book is called "Do you think I am beautiful?" its written by Angela Thomas. I am working on the bible study that goes with this book and I ask you to follow along with me. Let me know how it touches you as it has touched me.

The book starts off by asking you to imagine that you are at a dance. Most of us ( I was one and I still am) a wallflower. We stand on the side just waiting for someone to ask us to dance. Kinda like we are at a ball.... the one in the Cinderella story.... we all want the prince to ask us to dance. Well... the prince isn't asking us to dance... but the King is. Man that sounds really bad. But God, thinks that we are the most beautiful woman in the room. He is asking you to dance. Yes, I know its really scary. You are probably thinking God wants me to dance. But He does. But you see, not only does God want us to dance with Him. He wants to lead. We just have to follow Him.

You may be asking but what if I do not know how to dance? Well trust Him. Trust Him to lead the dance. Trust in Him that you will know the dance. Look into His eyes..... and just keep your eyes on him.... and He will show you to dance!
But you see sometimes we take our eyes off of Him, sometimes we want to dance with others, Sometimes we do not like the song, and sometimes we can't hear him asking us to dance.

I hope over the coming blogs that I can look at these topics. If you are reading this...that means something or someone has made you come here and you are thinking well I was just looking at Paige's Blog and thought I would check it out. But you are here and there is a reason why you are here. God is asking you to dance.... what are you going to say??

No comments:

Post a Comment