Monday, April 15, 2013

Gardening

I love gardens. I love flowers. I love how it just adds a little something to your yard.  I am not a gardener. I dont have a green thumb. however I do try my best and add  a ittle something something to my house. I do try sometimes to start planting flowers about this time of year. When I seen this little tip I knew that I had to share it. I get emails from thrifty fun everyday and every once in awhile something catches my eye.

Toilet Paper Tube Seeding.

finshed tp pots
 
Supplies:
  • toilet paper tubes
  • scissors
Steps:
  1. Cut the TP tube in half. Then make 4 cuts that are approx. 1/2 in., creating 4 flaps of equal size.
  2. Fold one flap inward, then working clockwise, fold the other flaps down. Tuck the corner of the last flap under the corner of the first flap. (Like when you are closing a cardboard box.)
  3. Turn them over and gently press them down on a flat surface so make the bottoms flat, so that they will stay upright.
  4. Turn them over, fill with soil, and plant your seeds. Once the seeds have sprouted and are ready to go into the ground, just plant them with the pot. The cardboard will disintegrate in the soil

No comments:

Post a Comment